- Yorkshire GenWeb project Click on West Yorkshire Links section
- Huddersfield & District Family History Society A key West Yorkshire family history society for Gledhill research resources
- Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet. Over 300,000 family history links!
- Genealogy.com GenForum - Gledhill Family Forum
- ancestry.com - Gledhill Message Board
- Family Tree DNA organization - one of the largest ancestry DNA databases in the world!<p> Will put you in contact with your closest genetic matches. Might put you in touch with relatives you never knew about.<p>
- Surnames, Genes and Genealogy - Dr George Redmonds five-part series on the BBC (2001) "that brings the awesome power of DNA analysis to bear on the fascinating subject of surnames origins and family roots"
- A most useful collection of various Gledhills of West Yorkshire - Malcolm Bull's Calderdale Companion website is a valuable source of information on the Calder Valley, including members of the Gledhill family who lived there
Gledhill family trees shown in detail on the Web:
- Thomas Gleadhill of Barkisland (circa 1200s)
- Princess Diana (Spencer), his 14-great grand-daughter
- Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and heir but one to the British throne, and his mother, Princess Diana are descended from the original Barkisland Gledhills.
- Descendants in New Zealand of James Gledhill b 1813 Rastrick, Yorkshire, and Ann Chapman
- James GLEDHILL b: 19 June 1813 in Rastrick, West Riding of Yorkshire, England Baptism: 15 August 1813 Bridge End Chapel, Brighouse, Yorkshire, England Christening: 15 August 1813 Bridge End Chapel, Brighouse, Yorkshire, England m: 21 July 1844 in St Michael's Anglican Church, Waimea West, Nelson, New Zealand d: 29 January 1880 in Waimea West, Nelson, New Zealand Emigration: 2 September 1842 Arrived at Nelson on the ship "Prince of Wales" Father: George GLEDHILL Mother: Susannah DYSON
Commercial Enterprises founded by Gledhills:
Gledhill Vignerons - see story behind use of part of the Gledhill coat of arms for their wine label